18.11.09

Fashion What?

Let's be serious, my fashion sense involves whatever the fuck I want and at times things that will make me laugh. Well I guess it goes a little beyond that and I do think of composure and fit and smaller things that no one else will ever notice. And it really depends on the day sometimes I feel like being Ms. On-a-boat JCrew with with lots of hot white... and other days i'm a rockstar.. As a kid I told myself when I was living independent of my parents I would eat just as I pleased and dress just as I pleased. Today: Asparagus, hotsauce, pasta with eggplant marinara + mohair plaid sweater, grey jeans, cowboyish boots ...

Anyway the point of all this? I've become obsessed reader of the regular blogs i.e. sartorialist and jakandjil for their HAWT clean looks buuttt just recently began to enjoy the chaos of certain other bloggers:

http://moohoop.livejournal.com/
WOWza... a stark contrast to everything I've been seeing and liking. In theory I guess this shouldn't be anything I really like. Sure I looove crazy accessories and I wear quite a few shocking numbers but this girl has it going on! Brooke is a design student in the district and she gets it. I've never been one bold enough to do so many layers or mix SO many patterns but she rocks. Maybe it's her bangin bod? I really don't get it because it's nothing I've ever really been drawn to this look I mean but I couldn't help but spend an hour yesterday trying to read every single one of her entries. She's goddamn fierce and I think my new muse.



and

http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com/



So this is the kinda thing that makes me think 'what have i been doing with my life?'. This 13-year old writer is more fluent in fashion than anyone else I can think of at the top of my head and someone that my 13-year self would have dressed like ... (if I weren't the normal self-conscious MustFitIn 13-year old girl). Other than being awesome fashion blog, I love that hers is kinda angsty...something I can still very much relate with.


Lots of thanksgiving reading material! Love having found these people.

You may all call my crazy, but looK! I've found some crazies that relate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home